I am so thankful for all that I have been blessed with at this time of year. In a way I think that the hard times that everyone in this country is experiencing now is kind of a good thing because it makes me stop to think about what Christmas is really about and being able to avoid the stress of having to spend so much money on things that we really don't need anyway. It is about the gift that our Heavenly Father gave to the world. If we focus on Jesus and his birth and also his life we will see that the best gifts that we can give to others is compassion, love and service. It is also a good opportunity to teach our children more about the joy of giving service to others who are in need of help. I am going to try to follow the example of the Saviour and do more to help others in any way that I can. I am so glad to have such a great family to enjoy sharing Christmas memories with and I hope they will enjoy this season by creating more memories by serving others too.
2 comments:
I couldn't agree more, Mom! I am so thankful for our wonderful family, too - and for the gospel and this special time of year to be able to reflect on what's most important in life. Love you guys so much!
Hi Val, I am private now so send me an e-mail and I will add you!
morris_familyof_6@msn.com
Post a Comment